Saturday, October 20, 2007

Plant Sitter Auto Watering Sensor


When I moved to my own flat a year ago, I started buying plants and setting up my own little garden out on my balcony. But because I love to go out of town, my major problem was how to water my plants, especially if I was gone for more than 3 days. The solution came when I found this neat gadget online, the Plant Sitter! It's the perfect thing for people who live on their own or don't have household help around. You stick the pod into the soil and then put the end of the coil into a container of water (I use soda bottles). The pod has a sensor that can tell how much water the plant needs everyday, and it puts it only that much water daily. By the magic of gravity, or something like that ;-) , it siphons the water from the container into the pot via the coil. I swear it works! My healthy plants can vouch for it :-) Available at amazon.com. $12.95 for a set of 3.

No comments: