Thursday, February 21, 2008

Horlicks Malties



One of the things I love about traveling is being able to find and buy items I can't find at all back home. The can range from the priciest of items to the most mundane. This post is about an item you'd probably consider mundane. I absolutely loved Horlicks chocolate candies when I was a kid. I remember back then, they were called Malteds. And they came in glass bottles. The last time I saw them sold locally, I must have been 10 yrs old. A few yrs ago though, I made a wonderful discovery when I saw them sold in HK (Watsons) and Malaysia (Guardian). They now come in boxes that contain 3 pouches each. You can imagine how many boxes I bought and brought home! Lately, I've been craving for these again because the last time I had them was almost 1 yr ago. Last wk, I was excited to go to Macau and HK for a holiday trip. Horlicks Malties were at the top of my shopping list. Can you believe it? I must have gone into every Watsons and 7-11 there, and I couldn't find any! Talk about depressing! Then when I came home last week, probably out of sheer desperation, I figured I would take a long shot and check if they were sold on the internet. And yes, yes, yes, they are!!!!! Dance of joy!!!! You can find them at http://www.spiced.com/. They start at $5 for a set of 2 boxes. I won't say how many boxes I ordered, lest I be teased by everyone. Let's just say I ordered a lot! Ha ha. Enjoy!

No comments: